Saturday, January 23, 2016

No. 11 Dream of Spring

11. Dream of Spring
I dreamed of the colored blossoms
Janelle Wills, artist
Just as they bloom in May
I dreamed of the bright green meadows
Of birdsongs along the way
And at the roosters' crowing
My sleeping eyes were roused
To find in cold and darkness
That ravens screamed over the house
Upon the window's surface
Who painted a garland green?
He mocks this fitful dreamer
With blooms in this winter scene
I dreamed of requited love
From one fine lovely maid
Of cuddling and of kissing
Of wonder and blissful days
And with the rooster's crowing
At once my heart arose
Now sitting all alone here
I turn to my dream's repose
I close again my eyelids
My heart still warmly strains
Will green leaves grow in the window?
Will I hold my darling again?

11. Frühlingstraum
Ich träumte von bunten Blumen,
So wie sie wohl blühen im Mai;
Ich träumte von grünen Wiesen,
Von lustigem Vogelgeschrei.
Und als die Hähne krähten,
Da ward mein Auge wach;
Da war es kalt und finster,
Es schrien die Raben vom Dach.
Doch an den Fensterscheiben,
Wer malte die Blätter da ?
Ihr lacht wohl über den Träumer,
Der Blumen im Winter sah ?
Ich träumte von Lieb um Liebe,
Von einer schönen Maid,
Von Herzen und von Küssen,
Von Wonne und Seligkeit.
Und als die Hähne krähten,
Da ward mein Herze wach;
Nun sitz' ich hier alleine
Und denke dem Traume nach.
Die Augen schließ' ich wieder,
Noch schlägt das herz so warm.
Wann grünt ihr Blätter am Fenster ?
Wann halt' ich mein Liebchen im Arm ?

No comments:

Post a Comment