Friday, January 22, 2016

No. 6 Floodwaters

I have sacrificed some alternate rhymes here but somehow I don't mind. The motion in the ideas touches you, even in English.

Floodwaters

Many a tear abundantly flowing 
Falls upon the shifting snow
Into the drifts of snowflakes falling
Thirsting for all my burning woe
When the grasses sprout in spring
There comes again a warming breeze
With the ice in shattering pieces
Far and away the soft snow streams
Only the snow knows of my longing
Speak, where does your trail way go?
Follow my tears they guide you onward
To the brook away they flow
Flow with the brook through town and city
In and out of bustling estates
When you feel my teardrops burning
There you'll find my dear one's gate

6. Wasserflut

Manche Trän' aus meinen 
Augen Ist gefallen in den Schnee;
Seine kalten Flocken saugen 
Durstig ein das heiße Weh. 

Wenn die Gräser sprossen wollen 
Weht daher ein lauer Wind,
Und das Eis zerspringt in Schollen 
Und der weiche Schnee zerrinnt. 

Schnee, du weißt von meinem Sehnen, 
Sag', wohin doch geht dein Lauf ? 
Folge nach nur meinen Tränen, 
Nimmt dich bald das Bächlein auf.

Wirst mit ihm die Stadt durchziehen, 
Muntre Straßen ein und aus;
Fühlst du meine Tränen glühen,
Da ist meiner Liebsten Haus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment